Week 14: The End and the Death

The End and the Death

Hello, everyone!

    While this week might not be my last ever post on this Blog, this is likely the last post that most people will see. At the beginning of this blog, I wanted to explore fictional worlds and give people the opportunity to learn about fantastical settings they might not ever learn of otherwise. I decided instead to focus on my Warhammer Hobby. However, I think with my final viewed blog post, I will give that original idea one last shot: telling people how they might learn Warhammer on their own (without spending the ridiculous amount of money I did.)
    The way I was first exposed to Warhammer was through Youtube. Creators like Adpetus Ridiculous, PlayonTabletop, Poorhammer, and Oculus Imperia (Who will all be linked below) are my absolute favorites of the bunch, and with an Amazon show on the way - directed by Henry Cavill no less - I would recommend if you start anywhere, you start with Warhammer Youtube media. 




    If you are more of a book person, Warhammer is (in)famous for the sheer amount of Warhammer literature out there. The Horus Heresy series - the background events for Warhammer 40k, spans 93 novels. If one off books are more your thing, the Infinite and the Divine is a fantastically funny book that I recommend to my non-Warhammer friends. The game itself also sells Codexes for each faction in the game, and refreshes the information within the codex every three years. 




    If you prefer a more active experience, Warhammer Video Games have been going very strong as of late. For the more Story based games, Owlcat's Rogue Trader is a fun narrative slow-burn experience. For the action-oriented, Warhammer: Darktide is a fast-paced team shooter, and Space Marine puts you in the shoes of a gene-enhanced super soldier, carving through enemies in the name the emperor.



    Finally, I highly recommend just visiting your friendly local game store. Warhammer players are almost always willing to show off their collections and talk about their hobby, and possibly even demo a game or two for you and let you try the real thing first hand. 
    As a last note, I want to thank all of you who tuned in to read my posts. I hope I have been at least somewhat entertaining, and hopefully all my ranting and raving gives someone the inclination to at least give Warhammer a try. Thank you all!


Adeptus Ridiculous: https://www.youtube.com/@Adeptusridiculous
PlayonTabletop: https://www.youtube.com/@PlayOnTabletop
Poorhammer: https://www.youtube.com/@thepoorhammerpodcast
Oculus Imperia: https://www.youtube.com/@OculusImperia



Comments

  1. Sorry dude, I'm chronically immune to sales pitches, and I have enough hobbies that revolve around acquiring things that will then need to be set up and customized. Nice try though, you almost got me with books, but I have more books on my mental list than I'll ever have time for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matthew BullerdickApril 24, 2024 at 7:26 PM

    It was worth a shot, though I still highly recommend giving Warhammer a chance if that mental list ever gets more manageable. I thought the books comment might catch your attention!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 3: Adjusting expectations

Week 7: Models by the Number

Week 5: Hobby Homes